We are just over a week away from the first round of the NFL draft, and NFL.com’s Chad Reuter just released an updated mock draft. He believes seven SEC players will go int he first round.
SEC players Reuter has as first-round picks:
3. LT Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss -- San Diego Chargers
9. CB Vernon Hargreaves III, Florida -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
18. OLB Leonard Floyd, Georgia -- Indianapolis Colts
21. DT Jarran Reed, Alabama -- Washington Redskins
23. WR Laquon Treadwell, Ole Miss -- Minnesota Vikings
26. G Germain Ifedi, Texas A&M -- Seattle Seahawks
27. ILB Reggie Ragland, Alabama -- Green Bay Packers
30. RB Derrick Henry, Alabama -- Carolina Panthers
While Reuter has Henry going in the first round, he doesn't think Alabama DT A'Shawn Robinson will be a first-rounder; we have not seen many mock drafts that have Robinson outside the first round. Nor does Reuter think Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche goes in the first round; there are numerous mock drafts that have him outside the first round.
Ifedi is showing up in more mock drafts as the real draft draws closer. Seattle just lost veteran offensive tackle Russell Okung in free agency to the Denver Broncos. But Ifedi would seem to fit best at guard.
(You can follow Dan Mathews on Twitter @DanMathewsATL)
© 2016, Dan Mathews. All rights reserved.
© 2016, gridironnow.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.